The Business, Knowledge Management & Development (BKMD) division is involved in R&D planning, performance monitoring & management, preparation of annual & five-year plans of the Laboratory, manpower planning for the different Thrust Areas and the projects, knowledge management in consonance with R&D needs, identification and monitoring of in-house research projects and so on. BKMD facilitates the project team / project leaders in estimating the cost of inputs in terms of manpower, material, capital and other items. It provides support to the management in allocating the resources to different projects / activities. The division is also responsible for negotiation and drafting of various kinds of agreements related to projects sponsored by external agencies.
The BKMD division mainly contributes to accomplish the following important tasks:
- To maintain individual folders for all the R&D and externally funded projects
- Monitor and evaluate the progress made in the projects
- Ease in modification / scheduling of the project in view of changing priorities, fast developments on technologies
- Indicators to best use of resources (Human & Financial Resources)
- Review and allocate financial resources to projects
- Preparation of five year plan & annual plan documents for the laboratory
- Assisting in negotiations and drafting of agreements, MoUs for contract projects
- Preparation of annual report by compiling entire activities of CSIR-SERC
- Publication of quarterly newsletters of CSIR-SERC
- Arrangements and coordination in the celebration of
CSIR-SERC Foundation Day
National Science Day
National Technology Day
CSIR Foundation Day
- Providing assistance in conducting seminars/advanced courses/workshops, etc.
- Publicity in press including AIR/Doordarshan coverage of important events
- Enabling knowledge dissemination through publishing of technical brochures, participation in exhibitions, etc.
- External Cash Flow Management
- Service Tax Management