முனைவர் ப்ரபா பி
- CSIR-SERC , Taramani, Chennai – 600 113.
- Academic Background
- Professional Background
- Areas of Scientific Interest
- Awards & Honours
- Ph.D (Structural Engineering) – College of Engineering, Anna University, Chennai– Thesis Submitted on “Light-Weight Steel-Foam Concrete Composite Panels For Buildings”.
- M.E (Structural Engineering) – Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai
- B.E (Civil Engineering) – Government College of Engineering, Tirunelveli
- Principal Scientist – January 2019 to till date
- Senior Scientist – January 2014 to December 2018
- Scientist – January 2010 to December 2013
- Junior Scientist – August 2007 to December 2009
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Hot rolled and cold formed steel structures
- Prefabricated steel-foam concrete composite panels and connections for mass housing
- Cellular light weight foamed Concrete
- Finite element modeling
Awards & Honours
- Certificate of Meritby the Dr. Ramaiah Prize committee among the papers published by the Scientists of CSIR-SERC during 2011-2012.
- Ramaiah Prizefor the best technical paper published by the Scientists of CSIR-SERC during the year 2010-2011.
- Certificate of Meritby the Dr. Ramaiah Prize committee among the papers published by the Scientists of CSIR-SERC during 2009-2010.
- Awarded a special certificate of merit from ‘Ministry of Home Affairs’ New Delhi for securing all India 4th rank (92% marks) in Probodh, hindi exam
- Representative from research sector for the Special Interest Group (SIG) on structures in Thiagarajar college of Engineering, Madurai.
- Faculty of Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR)
Membership of Professional societies
- Indian Association for Computational Mechanics (IndACM) – Life Member
- Indian Association for Structural Engineering (IASE) – Life Member
- Prabha, V. Marimuthu, S. Arul Jayachandran, S. Seetharaman and N. Raman, “An improved polynomial model for top and seat-angle connection”, International Journal of Steel and Composite structures, Vol.8, N0.5, 2008, pp.403-421.
- Saravanan, M., Arul Jayachandran. S, Marimuthu. V, P, “Advanced analysis of cyclic behaviour of plane steel frames with semi-rigid connections”, International Journal of Steel and Composite structures, Vol.9, No.4, pp. 381-395, August 2009.
- Arul Jayachandran, V. Marimuthu, P. Prabha, S. Seetharaman and N. Pandian, “Investigations on the behaviour of semi-rigid endplate connections”, International Journal of Advanced Steel construction, Vol.5, No.4, pp. 432-451, December 2009.
- Prabha, V.Marimuthu, M.Saravanan and S.Arul Jayachandran, “Evaluation of connection flexibility in cold formed steel racks”, International Journal of Constructional Steel Research, Vol.66, No.7, July 2010, pp.863-872.
- Prabha P, Arul Jayachandran S, Saravanan M and Marimuthu V, “Prediction of the tensile capacity of cold formed angles experiencing shear lag”, International Journal of Thin Walled structures, Vol.49, No.11, November 2011, pp.1348-1358. doi:10.1016/j.tws.2011.06.003
- Saravanan. M., Marimuthu. V., Prabha. P. Arul Jayachandran S, and Datta, D. (2012), Experimental investigations on composite slabs to evaluate longitudinal shear strength’, Steel and Composite Structures Volume 13, Number 5, November 2012, pages 489-500
- P.Prabha, V.Marimuthu, M.Saravanan, G.S.Palani, N.Lakshmanan and R.Senthil, “Effect of confinement on Steel-Concrete Composite Light-Weight Load-Bearing Wall Panels under Axial Compression”, International Journal of Constructional Steel Research, Vol.81, pp.11-19,February 2013.
- Saravanan. M., Marimuthu. V., Surendran. M., Prabha. P. and Palani. G. S. (2014), “Seismic characterization of cold formed steel pallet racks”, Earthquakes and Structures, Vol. 7 (6), December, 2014
- Vimal Mohan, P. Prabha, J. Rajasankar, Nagesh R. Iyer, N. Raviswaran (2015), V. Nagendiran and S. S. Kamalakannan, “Cold-formed steel pallet rack connection : an experimental study”, Intl. Journal of Advanced Structural Engineering, DOI 10.1007/s40091-015-0082-9, Springer, published online Feb 5th , 2015.
- P.Prabha, S.Rekha, V.Marimuthu, M.Saravanan, G.S.Palani and M.Surendran (2015), “Modified Frye-Morris polynomial model for double web angle connections”, International Journal of Advanced Structural Engineering, Springer-Open access, Volume 7, Issue 3, pp 295–306, September 2015, DOI 10.1007/s40091-015-0100-y.
- Prabha, G.S.Palani, N.Lakshmanan and R.Senthil, “Flexural Behaviour of Steel-Foam Concrete Composite Light-Weight Panels”, International Journal of Engineering structures. (Under review)
- Prabha, G.S.Palani and N. Lakshmanan, “Behaviour of Steel-Foam Concrete Composite Panel under Static and Cyclic In-Plane Lateral Load”, International Journal of constructional steel research. (Under review)
- Sharmila, S., Poongodi, L., Arul Jayachandran, S., Seetharaman, S., Marimuthu, V. Prabha, P. and Pandian, N., ‘Comparative study of methods of section property calculations for cold formed steel members’, INSDAG’S Steel in Construction, Vol.9, No.1, January 2008, pp.53-64.
- Prabha, P., Seetharaman, S., Arul Jayachandran, S., Marimuthu, V. and Pandian, N., ‘Design tables for bolted end plate connections’, INSDAG’s Steel in Construction’, Vol. 9, No.2, July 2008, pp.17-25.
- Sharmila, N.Shanmuga Sundari, S.Arul Jayachandran, P.Prabha, V.Marimuthu, M.Saravanan and N. Pandian, “Comparative study on strength of cold formed lipped channel columns”, INSDAG’s Steel in Construction, Vol.10, No.1, January 2009, pp.57-73.
- Arul Jayachandran, S.Sharmila, N.Shanmuga Sundari, P.Prabha, V.Marimuthu, M.Saravanan and N. Pandian, “Comparative study on the strength of cold formed tension members”, INSDAG’s Steel in Construction, Vol.10, No.1, January 2009, pp.29-38.
- Prabha P, Marimuthu V, Saravanan M, Arul Jayachandran S, Pandian N, Poornima L.M†, Angeline Prabhavathy R, “A Polynomial Equation For Pallet Rack Boltless Connections”, INSDAG’s Steel in Construction, Vol.11, No.1 January 2010, pp.31-45.
- Prabha, M.Saravanan, V.Marimuthu, Bhaskar Joshi and S.Arul Jayachandran, “Tensile capacity of cold-formed steel angle tension members”, INSDAG’s Steel in Construction, Vol.12, No.1, January 2011, pp.01-09.
- M. Saravanan, V. Marimuthu, P. Prabha and G.S. Palani, “ Investigations on bolted T-stub connections”, National Journal of Bridge and Structural Engineer, Vol.41, No.4, SIII-49-58, January 6-8, 2012 (in CD format)
- P. Prabha, G.S. Palani, R. Senthil, V. Marimuthu, M. Saravanan and M. Surendran (2015), Numerical simulation of steel-foamed concrete composite wall panels, Journal of Structural Engineering, CSIR-SERC, Special issue, Vol. 42, No. 1, Apr – May 2015, pp. 8-14.
- P. Prabha, B.Bhuvaneshwari and G.S. Palani (2015), Nano modified Foam Concrete, The Masterbuilder, Vol. 17, No. 5, May 2015, pp.168-174.
- P. Prabha, S. M. Leela Bharathi, G. S. Palani, R. Senthil and R. Theenathayalan, FEA simulation of connection behaviour between steel-foam concrete composite panels, Journal of Structural Engineering, CSIR-SERC, Vol. 43, No. 6, Feb-March 2017, pp. 529-538.