முனைவர் பபிசெட்டி ஹரிகிருஷ்ணா
- CSIR-SERC , Taramani, Chennai – 600 113.
- Academic Background
- Professional Background
- Areas of Scientific Interest
- Awards & Honours
- Ph.D. (Civil Engineering), IIT Madras, 2010
- M.E. (Structural Engineering), Anna University, 1991
- B.E. (Civil Engineering), Andhra University, 1989
- Current designation Senior Principal Scientist
- Joined as Scientist Gr.IV(1) in May 1992 at CSIR-SERC, Chennai
- Project Associate from May 1991 to May 1992 at IC&SR, IIT, Madras
Under UNDP Fellowship Worked in the area of Wind Engineering for about 5 months during Aug-Dec 1994 at:
Involved in the following types of Consultancy and Sponsored Research Projects:
Involved in the following Academic Activities:
Life member of the following societies:
- “Indian Society of Wind Engineering”
- “Indian Meteorological Society”
Member of the following BIS committees:
- Panel for Wind Loads, CED 37 BIS, IS: 875 (Part 3) – Alternate Member
- Panel for Loads other than Wind Loads, CED 37/P:3, BIS – Alternate Member
- Special Structures, CED 38:5 (Sub), BIS –Alternate Member
- Special Structures, CED 38:3 (Sub), BIS – associated in the revision of IS: 4998
Served as a member of various Technical Committees of the following Organisations:
- Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas, USA
- CSIRO, Sydney, AUSTRALIA
- CSIRO, Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
- Wind Energy Sector
- Analysis, design and field testing of towers (lattice and cylindrical) supporting wind turbines of various types and capacities
- Real-estate Sector
- Wind tunnel testing of models of tall buildings
- Proof-checking the design of tall buildings
- Power Sector
- Evaluation of design basis cyclonic wind speed for IGCAR, Kalpakkam site based on site specific historical wind speed data using extreme value distribution
- Investigation of wind characteristics by meteorological measurements in IGCAR, Kalpakkam
- Wind tunnel testing of models of chimneys, cooling towers and industrial coal sheds to evaluate wind induced loads
- Proof checking the design of tall steel and RC chimneys
- Tele-Communication Sector
- Design of free-standing and guyed steel lattice towers
- Professor under AcSIR at CSIR-SERC, Chennai – M.Tech Programme on ‘Engineering of Structures’ and ‘Renewable Energy’
- AcSIR Coordinator at CSIR-SERC, Chennai
- Guided several M.Tech/B.Tech students’ thesis works.
- Currently guiding 5 Ph.D scholars
- Satish Dhawan Space Centre – SHAR, Sriharikota
- Andhra Pradesh State Housing Corporation Ltd., Hyderabad
- National Institute for Wind Energy, Chennai
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Wind Engineering
- Structural Dynamics
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Wind Energy
- Random Data Processing
- Data Mining
Awards & Honours
- Received University Gold Medal from Andhra University in 1989.
- As a team member received ‘A.S ARYA-UOR Disaster Prevention Award’ from University of Roorkee in 2000.
- Member of the team which received ‘CSIR SHIELD FOR ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY’ from CSIR in 2000.
- Guide to Ms. M. Keerthana, who received ‘Best Thesis (M.Tech) Award‘ from Indian Society of Wind Engineering in 2013.
- Guide to Ms. Shilpa who received ‘Best Thesis (M.Tech) Award‘ from Indian Society of Wind Engineering in 2015.
As a co-author of technical papers received the following awards:
- Certificate of Special Mention under M. Ramaiah Award from CSIR-SERC in 1999.
- Jai Krishna Medal from Institution of Engineers (India) Ltd. In 2001.
- Best Experimental Study under Dr. M. Ramaiah Award from CSIR-SERC in 2003.
- 2nd Best Paper Award from Indian Society of Wind Engineering in 2004.
- M. Ramaiah Award from CSIR-SERC in 2004.
- Certificate of Merit under Dr. M. Ramaiah Award from CSIR-SERC in 2006.
- Venkateswarlu, B., Harikrishna, P., Selvi Rajan, S. and Satish Ram Kumar, ‘Stochastic gust response of microwave lattice towers’, Computers & Structures, Vol.52, No.5, 1994, pp. 1031-1041.
- Harikrishna, P., Shanmugasundaram, J., and Gomathinayagam, S., ‘Use of computers and dedicated software for analysis of full-scale field measured data’, Journal of Structural Engineering (JoSE), Vol.23, No.1, April 1996.
- Shanmugasundaram, J., Gomathinayagam, S., Harikrishna, P., and Lakshmanan, N., “Full-scale measurements of dynamic response of a lattice tower”, Book on ‘Structural Assessment – The Role of Large and Full-scale Testing’, published by E & FN Spon, London, U.K., July 1996, pp. 363.
- Harikrishna, P., Shanmugasundaram, J., Gomathinayagam, S., and Lakshmanan, N., ‘Analytical and experimental studies on the gust response of a 52 m tall steel lattice tower under wind loading’, Computers & Structures, Vol. 70, No.2, January 1999, pp. 149-160.
- Shanmugasundaram, J., Harikrishna, P., Gomathinayagam, S. and Lakshmanan, N., ‘Wind, terrain and structural damping characteristics under tropical cyclone conditions’, Engineering Structures, Vol.21, No.11, November 1999, pp. 1006-1014.
- Shanmugasundaram, J., Arunachalam, S., Gomathinayagam, S., Lakshmanan, N. and Harikrishna, P., ‘Cyclone damage to buildings and structures – A case study’, Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, Vol.84, Issue 3, February 2000, pp. 369-380.
- Gomathinayagam, S., Shanmugasundaram, J., Harikrishna, P., Lakshmanan, N. and Rajasekaran, C., ‘Dynamic response of a lattice tower with antenna under wind loading’, Journal of Institution of Engineers (India), Vol.81, CV 1, June 2000.
- Harikrishna, P., Annadurai, A., Gomathinayagam, S. and Lakshmanan, N., “Full scale measurements of the structural response of a 50 m guyed mast under wind loading’, Engineering Structures, Vol.25, Issue 7, June, 2003, pp. 859-867.
- Abraham, A., Harikrishna, P., Gomathinayagam, S. and Lakshmanan, N., ‘Failure investigation of microwave towers during cyclones – A case study’, Journal of Structural Engineering (JoSE), Volume 32, Issue 3, pp.147-157, August 2005, pp. 147-157.
- Gomathinayagam, S., Harikrishna, P., Abraham, A. and Lakshmanan, N., ‘Bi-modal spectral method for evaluation of along-wind induced fatigue damage’, Wind & Structures, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp 255-270, July 2006, pp. 255-270.
- Harikrishna, P., N. Lakshmanan and Devdas Menon, ‘Evaluation of force coefficients of 2-D square cyclinder using unsteady non linear k-e model’, Journal of Wind and Engineering (Indian Society for Wind Engineering), Vol. 6, No.1, January 2009.
- Lakshmanan, N., Gomathinayagam, S., Harikrishna, P., Abraham, A., and Chitra Ganapathi, S., ‘Revisit of basic wind speed map of India with long term hourly wind data’, Current Science, Vol. 96, No.7, 2009, pp. 911-922.
- Arunachalam, S., Lakshmanan, N., Ramesh Babu, G., Selvi Rajan, S., and Harikrishna, P., ‘Across-wind response of a circular chimney due to vortex shedding’, Journal of Structural Engineering (JoSE), Vol. 37, No. 6, February-March 2011, pp. 444-446.
- Ramesh Babu, G., Selvi Rajan, S., Harikrishna, P., Lakshmanan, N., and Arunachalam, S., ‘Experimental determination of wind-induced response on a model of natural draught cooling tower’, Journal of Experimental Techniques, Vol. 37 (1), 2013, pp. 35-46.
- Keerthana, M. and Harikrishna, P., ’Application of CFD for assessment of galloping stability of rectangular and H-sections’, Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, Vol 72, July 2013, pp. 419-427.
- Selvi Rajan, S., Ramesh Babu, G., Chitra Ganapathi, S., Arunachalam, S., Harikrishna, P., Abraham, A. and Nagesh R. Iyer, ‘Evaluation of aerodynamic parameters for a cooling tower model’, Journal of Wind and Engineering (Indian Society for Wind Engineering), Vol. 10, No. 1, January 2013, pp. 24-36.
- Balaji Rao, K., Anoop, M.B., Harikrishna, P., Selvi Rajan, S. and Nagesh R. Iyer, ‘Prediction of negative peak wind pressures on roofs of low-rise building’, International Journal – Wind and Structures, Vol. 19, No. 6, December 2014, pp. 623-647.
- Mantri, V.A., Ashok, K.S., Saminathan, K.R., J. Rajasankar, J. and Harikrishna, P., ‘Concept of triangular raft design: Achieving higher yield in Gracilaria edulis’, Aquacultural Engineering, Vol. 69, November 2015, pp. 1-6.
- Ashok, K.S., Harikrishnab, P., Gobala Krishnan, M., Saminathan, K.R., Monishaa, N., Malarvizhia, J., Veeragurunathan, V., Vaibhav Mantria, and Rajasankar, J., ‘Does orientation of raft helps in augmenting yield during lean period?: A case study of Gracilaria edulis cultivation in open sea by vertical raft alignment along the south-eastern coast of India’, Aquacultural Engineering, Vol. 74, 2016, pp. 186–197.
- Sasikala, K., Harikrishna, P. and Thamarai Selvi, S., ‘Cloud technology module for aggregation of survey data of housing and buildings in coastal villages as per IS:15499 towards cyclone disaster mitigation’, Journal of Structural Engineering (JoSE), Vol. 43, No. 2, June-July 2016, pp. 133-141.
Patents / Copyrights
- Copyright for ‘CSIR-SERC Equation‘ for computing normalized across-wind tip deflection (wind-induced response) of a reinforced concrete circular chimney due to vortex shedding. CSIR obtained a copyright for the said Equation, December 2010. Authors: S. Arunachalam, N. Lakshmanan, G. Ramesh Babu, S. Selvi Rajan and P. Harikrishna
- Know-how/Technology on ‘Analysis, Designing and Structural Detailing of G+3 and G+1 Reinforced Concrete Building using EPS‘, transfered to M/s CTSPL, Hyderabad in 2015. Authors: Jolly Annie Peter, Selvi Rajan, S., Bharat Kumar, B.H., Harikrishna, P. and Vasudevan, K.