திரு ரமேஷ் குமார் ஆர்
மூத்த முதன்மை விஞ்ஞானி
- Academic Background
- Professional Background
- Areas of Scientific Interest
- Awards & Honours
- M.Sc. (Genetics), Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi.
- B.Sc. (Agriculture), Tamilnadu Agricultural University (TNAU), Coimbatore
- Senior Principal Scientist – CSIR-SERC, Chennai, From 25 September 2019 to Till Date.
- Principal Scientist – CSIR-CFTRI, Mysore/ CSIR-SERC, Chennai, From 25 September 2013 to 24 September 2019.
- Senior Scientist - CSIR-CIMAP, Lucknow/ CSIR-CFTRI, Mysore, From 25 September 2009 to 24 September 2013.
- Scientist Gr.IV(2) – CSIR-NBRI, Lucknow/CSIR-CIMAP, Lucknow From 25 September 2004 to 24 September 2009.
- Scientist Gr.IV(1) – CSIR-NBRI, Lucknow/CSIR-CIMAP, Lucknow From 25 September 2001 to 24 September 2004.
- Senior Research Fellow - Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi, From 27 June 2000 to 4 September 2000
- Breeding Officer – Southern Petrochemicals Industries Corporation (SPIC), Chennai, From 18 December 1998 to 2 July 1999.
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Business Development
- Project Management
- Knowledge Management
Awards & Honours
- Secured Popular Poster Award for the research paper entitled “Genetic diversity and trait association for lipid content and composition in basil (Ocimum spp)” presented in “7th International Food Convention, NSURE- Healthy Foods” held during 18-21, December 2013 at CSIR-CFTRI, Mysore, India.
- Conferred with the Annual Institutional Award for Societal Contribution for the year 2014-15, as a team member for “Promotion of cultivation of Super Food Crops” in a function held on 21st October 2015 at CSIR-CFTRI, Mysuru.
- Ramesh Kumar, R., Singh,M. and Singh,S.P. 2002. Genetic variability and heritability studies in Cuphea procumbens. Indian Journal of Plant Genetic Resources, 15(1): 36-39.
- Ramesh Kumar, R., Singh,M. and Singh,S.P. 2003. Nature and degree of association among some important morphological traits in Cuphea lanceolata. Journal of Medicinal and Aromatic Plant Sciences. 25(2): 375-379.
- Ramesh Kumar, R. and Singh,S.P. 2003. Genetic Association in Cuphea procumbens. Farm Science Journal, 12(2): 113-115.
- Ramesh Kumar, R. and Singh,S.P. 2003. Classical to Molecular Concepts of Flax-Flax Rust Interaction. Indian Journal of Plant Pathology, 21 (1&2): 1-11.
- Singh, S.P. and Ramesh Kumar, R. 2003. Cuphea - importance and bibliography. Applied Botany Abstracts, 23(1): 60 –75.
- Ramesh Kumar, R. and Singh,S.P. 2004. Breeding of Designer Oilseed Crops, Applied Botany Abstracts, 24(1): 58-77.
- Ramesh Kumar,R. and Singh,S.P. 2005. Genetic Divergence in Cuphea lanceolata – a medicinal plant. Journal of Medicinal and Aromatic Plant Sciences. 27: 238-242.
- Ramesh Kumar, R. and Singh,S.P. 2006. Multivariate analysis and clustering of Cuphea procumbens inbred lines. Genetika. 38(1): 23-30.
- R. Ramesh Kumar, L.P.A. Reddy, J. Chinna Subbaiah, A. Niranjana Kumar, H.N. Nagendra Prasad, B. Balakishan. 2011. Genetic Association among root morphology, root quality and root yield in ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Genetika, 43(3): 617-624.
- R. Ramesh Kumar, L.P.A. Reddy, A. Niranjana Kumar, K. Komaraiah, S. Purnanand, K.P. Sastry, 2011. Root textural quality in ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) as influenced by crop growth periods and morphotypes, Industrial Crops and Products, 34 (1): 1231-1234.
- R. Ramesh Kumar, L.P.A. Reddy, J. Vinay Kumar, K. Komaraiah, 2012. Multivariate analysis and genetic diversity for morphometric and root textural quality traits in ashwagandha (Withania somnifera Dunal), Industrial Crops and Products, 35(1): 199-202.
- S. Purnanand, K.P. Sastry R. Ramesh Kumar, L.P.A. Reddy, R.P. Patel. 2012. Genetic Association for oil yield and its component traits in different Ocimum species, Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, 3(2): 794-799.
- R. Ramesh Kumar. 2012. Basils treasure of aroma compounds. South Indian Horticulture, 60: 6-9
- Sastry, K.P., Ramesh Kumar, R., Niranjan Kumar, A., Sneha, G., Elizabeth, M., 2012. Morpho-chemical description and antimicrobial activity of different Ocimum species, Journal of Plant Development, 19: 53-64
- Sastry K.P., Rajput, D.K., Komaraiah, K., Niranjan Kumar, A., Ramesh Kumar, R. 2013. Effect of Sowing Dates on Morphological Characteristics, Root Yield and Chemical Composition of the Root of Withania Somnifera Grown in the Semi-Arid Regions of Andhra Pradesh, India. Journal of Scientific Research and Reports, 2(1): 121-132.
- R.P. Patel, R. Ramesh Kumar, R. Singh, R.R. Singh, B.R.R. Rao, V.R. Singh, Pankhuri Gupta, Rashmi Lahri, and R.K. Lal. 2015. Study of genetic variability pattern and their possibility of exploitation in Ocimum germplasm, Industrial Crops and Products, 66: 119-122