श्री अभिषेक कुमार
- CSIR-SERC, Taramani, Chennai – 600 113
- Academic Background
- Professional Background
- Areas of Scientific Interest
- Awards & Honours
- Present: Ph.D. (Pursuing), Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR), Chennai, India.
- M.Tech. (Engineering of Structures), Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR), Chennai, India.
- B.Tech. (Civil Engineering), National Institute of Technology (NIT), Patna, Bihar, India
- Scientist, CSIR – Structural Engineering Research Centre Chennai, 2016 – till date
- Senior Project Fellow, CSIR – Structural Engineering Research Centre Chennai, 2014 – 2016
- Quick Hire Scientist (Trainee), CSIR – Structural Engineering Research Centre Chennai, 2011 – 2014
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Fracture Mechanics
- Fatigue Analysis
- Digital Image Correlation
Awards & Honours
- Best Paper Award at (National Conference on Innovative Materials and Technologies in Civil Engineering (NATCON 2015).
- Awarded 1st prize in PHOENIX 2009 (Event organised by Computer Society of India and Delhi College of Engineering)
- Abhishek Kumar, S. Vishnuvardhan, A. Ramachandra Murthy. and G. Raghava, "Tensile and fracture characterization using a simplified digital image correlation test set-up", Structural Engineering and Mechanics, Vol. 69, No. 4, pp. 467-477, doi:10.12989/sem.2019.69.4.467
- Abhishek Kumar, S. Vishnuvardhan, and P. Gandhi, "Assessment of Speckle Pattern for Use in Digital Image Correlation Analysis Using Simulated Displacement Field", In: Prakash R., Suresh Kumar R., Nagesha A., Sasikala G., Bhaduri A. (eds) Structural Integrity Assessment. Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering. Springer, Singapore doi:10.1007/978-981-13-8767-8_51.
- Abhishek Kumar, A. Ramachandra Murthy and Nagesh R. Iyer, “Enhanced Model for Describing Total Fatigue Rate Curve Considering Stress Ratio Eﬀects using B-spline”, Advances in Structural Engineering, 17, No. 7, 2014, 1011-1028.
- Abhishek Kumar, A. Ramachandra Murthy and Nagesh R. Iyer. “Crack Growth Prediction under Variable Amplitude Loading Considering Elastic-Plastic Stress Field ahead of Crack Tip”, Procedia Engineering, Elsevier ,2014, 645-652.
- Abhishek Kumar, G. Raghava and S. Vishnuvardhan. “Evaluation of Combined Hardening Parameters for Type 304LN Stainless Steel Under Strain-Controlled Cyclic Loading”, Transactions of Indian Institute of Metals, 69(2), 2016, 513-517.