Dr Saibabu S
Senior Principal Scientist
- CSIR-SERC Taramani, Chennai – 600 113.
- Academic Background
- Professional Background
- Areas of Scientific Interest
- Awards & Honours
- PhD, Anna University, Chennai
- M.Tech, National Inistitute of Technology(NIT), Warangal
- BE, Osmania University, Hyderabad
- Senior Principal Scientist, CSIR-SERC, Chennai,23-11-2011 to till date
- Principal Scientist, CSIR-SERC, Chennai, 23-11-2005 to 22-11-2011
- Senior Scientist, CSIR-SERC, Chennai, 23-11-1999 to 22-11-2005
- Scientist- Gr.IV(2), CSIR-SERC, Chennai, 23-11-1994 to 22-11-1999
- Scientist-Gr.IV(1), CSIR-SERC, Chennai, 23-11-1989 to 22-11-1994
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Analysis & design of concrete and steel structures, condition assessment of steel and concrete structures, repair, rehabilitation & retrofitting of concrete and steel structures.
Awards & Honours
- Dr. M.Ramaiah Prize” for the best technical paper among the papers published by the Scientists of SERC during 1994-95
Papers Published in SCI Journal
- Prasada Rao. A.S., Jayaraman .R., Vimalanandam.V., and Sai Babu.S.” Predicting creep and shrinkage effects in cracked concrete elements”, Journal of Structural engineering, ASCE, New York, Vol.120, No.9, September, 1994, pp 2784-2792
- N., Sai Babu.S., Rama Chandra Murthy.A., Chitra Ganapathi .S., Jayaraman,R., and Senthil.R, “Experimental, Numerical and Analytical Studies on a Novel External Prestressing Technique for Concrete Structural Components”, Computer and Concrete-An International Journal, Volume 6, Number1, February 2009, pp 41 to 57.
- Sai Babu.S., N, Rama Chandra Murthy.A., Chitra Ganapathi .S., Jayaraman,R., and Senthil.R, “An External Prestressing Technique for Strengthening of Prestressed Concrete Structural Components”, Journal of Practice Periodical on Structural Design and Construction, ASCE, Vol.14, No.2, May 2009
- Rama Chandra Murthy.A., Chitra Ganapathi .S., Sai Babu.S., N, Jayaraman,R., and Senthil.R, “Numerical Simulation of an External Prestressing Technique for Prestressed Concrete End Block” Structural Engineering and Mechanics, Vol. 33, No. 5 (2009) 605-619
- S., Srinivas.V., Sasmal, S., Lakshmanan.N., Nagesh R. Iyer ., “Performance evaluation of dry and epoxy jointed segmental prestressed box girders under monotonic and cyclic loading”, Construction and Building Materials, 2012, Vol. 38, pp 931-940, DOI 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2012.09.068
- Kamatchi, K. B. Rao, B. Dhayalini, S. Saibabu, S. Parivallal, K. Ravisankar, and N. R. Iyer, “ Long-Term Prestress Loss and Camber of Box-Girder Bridge”, ACI Structural Journal, V. 111, No. 6, November-December 2014 PP 1297-1306
Papers Published in Indian Journal
- Prasada Rao.A.S., Jayaraman .R., Vimalanandam.V., and Sai Babu.S. “Production methods of pretensioned concrete elements”, Indian Roads Congress, New Delhi, Vol. 54-1, June 1993, pp 149-181
- Prasada Rao. A.S., Jayaraman .R., Vimalanandam.V., and Sai Babu.S. “Development of a new production techniques for pretensioned concrete elements”, Journal of the Indian National Group of International Association for Bridge & Structural Engineering, New Delhi, Vol. XXIII, No. 2, June 1993, pp 49-75
- Sreenath, H.G., Jayaraman, R., Vimalanandam, V., and Sai Babu, S., “Safety auditing of concrete structures for enhancing service life”, New Building Materials & Construction World, November, 2000, pp.50 – 58.
- Vimalanandam, V., Sai Babu, S., Sreenath, H.G., Jayarama Rao, G., Prasada Rao, A.S., “Estimation of residual prestressed in uninstrumented prestressed concrete structures using SSRHT in wires”, The Indian Concrete Journal, November 2000, pp.631 – 636.
- N., Sai Babu.S., Rama Chandra Murthy.A., Chitra Ganapathi .S., Jayaraman,R., and Senthil.R., “An Experimental Investigation on Performance of Externally Prestressed Concrete End Blocks”, Journal of Structural Engineering (JOSE), SERC, Vol.35, No.4, October – November, 2008, pp 147-153
- N., Sai Babu.S., Rama Chandra Murthy.A., Chitra Ganapathi .S., Jayaraman,R., and Senthil.R., “Application of Expandable Anchor Bolts for External Prestressing of Concrete End Block”, Journal of Structural Engineering (JOSE), SERC, Vol.35, No.6, February – March, 2009, pp 429-436
- S, Jayaraman,R., Lakshmanan.N., Nagesh R. Iyer.,”Experimental study on behaviour of segmental joints”, Journal of Structural Engineering [JoSE], CSIR-SERC, Chennai, India,2012, Vol. 39, No.1, pp 84-89.
- N. Lakshmikandhan, P. Sivakumar, Linu Theresa Jose, K. Sivasubramanian, S. R. Balasubramanian, S. Saibabu, “Parametric Study on Development, Testing and Evaluation of Concrete Funicular Shells”, International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology (IJEIT) Volume 3, Issue 12, June 2014, PP 183-191
- Kamatchi, B. Dhayalini, K. Balaji Rao, S. Saibabu, S. Parivallal, K. Ravisankar and Nagesh R. Iyer, “Estimation of long-term prestress losses of box-girder bridge span using the prestress loss models in Indian and International codes of practices and comparison with field measurements”, The Indian Concrete Journal, May 2015, Vol 89, Issue 5 pp 59-68
- Nimiya Rose Joshuva, Saibabu, P. Eapen Sakaria, K. N. Lakshmikandhan, P. Sivakumar Finite Element Analysis of Reinforced and Pre-Tensioned Concrete Beams International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering Volume 4, Issue 10, October 2014, PP 449-457
- S., Nimiya Rose Joshuva, Saravana Kumar.K., Lakshmikandhan.K.N., and Sivakumar.P., “Finite element modelling of segmental model beam”, The Indian Concrete Journal (Design special issue), April 2016, Vol 90, No.4, pp 85-92.
Patents / Copyrights
- Prasada Rao. A.S., Jayaraman .R., Vimalanandam.V., and Sai Babu.S. “An improved process for the roduction of pretensioned and prestressed concrete structural elements”, patent No: 1461/DEL/93, India, published on 31-08-2002