Dr Nawal Kishore Banjara
- CSIR-SERC , Taramani, Chennai – 600 113.
- Ph.D Engineering of Structures at the Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research, AcSIR, Chennai
- M.Tech., Engineering of Structures, AcSIR, Chennai
- B.Tech., Civil Engineering, Dr. MGR University, Chennai
- Senior Scientist, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, 1st Nov 2016 to till date.
- Scientist, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, 1st Nov 2011 to 31st Oct 2016
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Instrumentation, measurement and performance evaluation of structures
- Structural health monitoring of bridges
- Fatigue and fracture studies of concrete structures
- Repair, retrofitting and strengthening of structures
- Acoustic wave propagations and digital image correlation for damage detection in concrete and metal structures
Awards & Honours
Publications in SCI Journals
- Nawal Kishor Banjara, Saptarshi Sasmal and V. Srinivas, (2020), “Machine learning supported acoustic emission technique for leakage detection in pipelines” IJ of Pressure Vessels and Piping, 188, 104243. (IF.-2.23)
- Nawal Kishor Banjara, K.Ramanjaneyulu, (2020), “Effect of Deficiencies on Fatigue Life of Reinforced Concrete Beams”, ACI Structural Journal, 117(3), 31-44. (IF.-1.287)
- Nawal Kishor Banjara, K.Ramanjaneyulu, (2019), “Fatigue Behaviour of Flexural Deficient RC Beams Retrofitted with Prefabricated Hybrid Steel Fibre Reinforced Concrete Overlay Strips”, J. of Engineering Structures, 198, 109561. (IF. 3.084).
- Nawal Kishor Banjara, K. Ramanjaneyulu, (2019), “Investigations on behaviour of flexural deficient and CFRP strengthened reinforced concrete beams under static and fatigue loading”, Construction and Building Materials, 201, 746-762. (IF-4.046).
- Nawal Kishor Banjara, K. Ramanjaneyulu, (2019), “Effective CFRP Retrofit Strategy for Flexural Deficient RC Beams”, Structural Engineering and Mechanics, 69(2), 163-175. (IF-2.804).
- Nawal Kishor Banjara, Saptarshi Sasmal and V. Srinivas, (2019), Damage Progression Study in Fibre Reinforced Concrete using Acoustic Emission Technique, Smart Structures and Systems, 23(2), 173-184. (IF-3.622).
- Nawal Kishor Banjara, Saptarshi Sasmal and V. Srinivas, (2019), “Investigations on Acoustic Emission Parameters during Damage Progression in Shear Deficient and GFRP Strengthened Reinforced Concrete Components”, J. of Measurement, 137, 501-514. (IF-2.791).
- Nawal Kishor Banjara and K. Ramanjaneyulu, (2018), “Experimental Investigations and Numerical Simulations on the Flexural Fatigue Behaviour of Plain and Fibre Reinforced Concrete”, ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 30(8): 04018151-15. (IF-1.984).
- Nawal Kishor Banjara and K. Ramanjaneyulu, (2017), “Experimental and numerical investigations on the performance evaluation of shear deficient and GFRP strengthened reinforced concrete beams”, Construction and Building Materials, 137, 520-534. (IF-3.485)
- Nawal Kishor Banjara, K. Ramanjaneyulu, Saptarshi Sasmal and V. Srinivas, (2016) “Flexural Fatigue Performance of Plain and Fibre Reinforced Concrete”, Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals, 69(2), 373-377. (IF-0.91)
- Nawal Kishor Banjara & Saptarshi Sasmal, (2014), “Remaining fatigue life of steel railway bridges under enhanced axle loads”, Structure and Infrastructure Engineering, 10(2), 213-224. (IF-2.525)
- Srinivas V., Saptarshi Sasmal, Nawal Kishor Banjara, Ramanjaneyulu K., and Nagesh R. Iyer, (2013),"Health Assessment of a Plate Girder Railway Bridge under Increased Axle Loads", ASCE Journal of Bridge Engineering, 18(10), 969-979. (IF-1.12)
Publications in non-SCI Journals
- Nawal Kishor Banjara & Saptarshi Sasmal, (2013), “Evaluation of fatigue remaining life of typical steel plate girder bridges under railway loading”, Structural Longevity, 10(3), 155-166.
- C. Bharathi Priya, M. Keerthana, Mohit Verma and Nawal Kishor Banjara, (2011), “Design of steel channel tension members-proposal to IS 800:2007”, Journal of Structural Engineering, 38(2), 122–130.