Dr. Kanchana Devi A
- CSIR-SERC, Taramani, Chennai – 600 113
- Academic Background
- Professional Background
- Areas of Scientific Interest
- Awards & Honours
- Ph.D. from faculty of Engineering science, Academy of Scientific & Innovative Research.
- M. E (Structural Engineering),College Engineering Guindy, Anna University..
- B. E (Civil Engineering), MEPCO Schlenk Engineering college, Affiliated to Anna University.
- Senior Scientist, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, 29-07-2016 to till date
- Scientist, CSIR-Structural Engineerign Research Centre, Chennai, 29-07-2011 to 28-07-2016
- Engineering Consultant, L&T Ramboll , 01-02-2010 to 30-06-2011
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Seismic Upgradation/ retrofitting of deficient beam-column sub-assemblage
- Composite bridge girders with corrugated web
- Concrete composite slabs
- Numerical modelling and analysis of structures
- Condition assessment of RC structures
Awards & Honours
- Awarded IEI Young Engineer Award 2020-2021 from the Institution of Engineers (India).
- Received best paper award in Experimental research for the paper titled 'Experimental Investigation on seismic performance of gravity load designed and corrosion affected beam column sub-assemblages' in Structural Engineering Convention 2014, organized by IIT, Delhi.
- Recognized reviewer of (i) Advances in structural Engineering, SAGE Journals, (ii) Institution of Engineers India, Series A, Springer, (iii) Structural engineering and Mechanics, Techno press, (iv) Structural Concrete, Journal of the fib, Wiley, (v) Structure and Infrastructure Engineering, Taylor and Francis, (vi) Journal of Structural Engineering, Chennai, India.
- Received silver medal from MEPCO Schlenk Engineering for securing university rank in under graduation examination.
- Secured University 10th rank among 1794 candidates graduated in B.E civil engineering in April 2007.
- Received certificate of merit for the academic excellence in the academic year 2006-2007 from MEPCO Schlenk Engineering College for securing Second position in Department of Civil Engineering.
- Obtained certificate of merit for the academic excellence in academic year 2005-2006 from MEPCO Schlenk Engineering College for securing First position in Department of Civil Engineering.
- A. Kanchanadevi and K. Ramanjaneyulu, “Novel steel bracket and haunch hybrid system for post-earthquake retrofit of damaged exterior beam-column sub-assemblages, Structural Engineering and Mechanics, Vol. 73, 3, February, 2020, pp. 239-257. (Impact factor:2.804)
- A. Kanchanadevi and K. Ramanjaneyulu, “Non-invasive hybrid retrofit for seismic damage mitigation of gravity load designed exterior beam-column sub-assemblage”, Journal of Earthquake Engineering, Published online, April 2019,10.1080/13632469.2019.1592790. (Impact factor:2.754)
- A. Kanchanadevi and K. Ramanjaneyulu, “Investigations on the behaviour of corrosion damaged gravity load designed beam-column sub-assemblages under reverse cyclic loading”, Earthquakes and Structures, Vol.16(2), February 2019, pp.235-251. (Impact factor:1.573)
- A. Kanchanadevi, K. Ramanjaneyulu, S. Sasmal and V.Srinivas, “Seismic performance evaluation of GLD beam–column sub-assemblages of three different scenarios”, Sadhana Vol.43 (12), December 2018, Paper No.201. (Impact factor:0.769)
- A. Kanchanadevi and K. Ramanjaneyulu, “Effect of corrosion damage on seismic behaviour of existing reinforced concrete beam-column sub-assemblages”, Engineering Structures, Vol. 174, November 2018, pp.601-617. (Impact factor:3.084)
- A. Kanchanadevi and K. Ramanjaneyulu, “Non-invasive steel haunch upgradation strategy for seismically deficient reinforced concrete exterior beam-column sub-assemblages”, Steel and Composite Structures, Vol.28(6), September, 2018, pp. 719-734. (Impact factor:3.899)
- S.Bhaskar, K.Ramanjaneyulu, A.Kanchanadevi and S.Saibabu, “Fire damage to concrete furnace supporting structure and formulation of repair methodology”, ASCE Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, Vol. 32(2) April 2018. (Impact factor:1.542)
- A. Kanchanadevi, K. Ramanjaneyulu, Mayank Tripathi and Saptarshi Sasmal, “Novel non-invasive seismic upgradation strategies for gravity load designed exterior beam-column joints”, Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 18, No. 2, February 2018, pp 479-489. (Impact factor:2.064)
- A. Kanchanadevi and K. Ramanjaneyulu, “Comparative performance of seismically deficient exterior beam-column sub-assemblages of different design evolutions: A closer perspective”, Earthquakes and Structures, Vol. 13(2), August 2017, pp 177-191. (Impact factor:1.573)
- G. Umarani, A.Roseenid Teresa, N.Premavathi, and A. Kanchanadevi, “Performance assessment of an existing reinforced concrete T-beam and slab bridge using pushover analysis”, The Baltic Journal of Road and Bridge Engg, Vol. 8(2), June 2013, pp. 83-90. (Impact factor:1.053)
- Kanchanadevi A, Ramanjaneyulu K, Sundarkumar S, Ramesh G, Bharat Kumar B.H, Krishna Moorthy TS, Ultimate Load Behaviour of Reinforced Concrete Beam with Corroded Reinforcement, Journal of Institute of Engineers India Series. A, Volume 98, Issue 4, (2017), pp.525-532.
- Kanchanadevi A, Sasmal Saptarshi, and Ramanjaneyulu K., (2016), “Experimental investigations on seismic performance of corrosion affected gravity load designed reinforced concrete beam column sub-assemblages”, Journal of Structural Engineering, Volume 43, Number 1, pp. 51-59.
- Saptarshi Sasmal, Vishnu Pradeesh L, Kanchanadevi A., and K. Ramanjaneyulu, Computational methodology to determine the strength of reinforced concrete joint, Advances in Computational Design, Vol. 1, No. 1 (2016) 61-77.
- Kanchanadevi A, Sivasubramanian K and Ramanjaneyulu K, Experimental Investigation on effect of corrosion on resonant frequency of concrete cylinders, Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 42, No. 2, June - July 2015 pp. 78-85.
- Kanchanadevi A and Ramanjaneyulu K, Nonlinear FEA for ultimate strength behavior of Corrosion damaged RC Beam, 2013, Journal of Structural Engg. India, Vol 40, No.1, pp. 12-20.