Dr Cinitha A
- CSIR-SERC , Taramani, Chennai – 600 113.
- Academic Background
- Professional Background
- Areas of Scientific Interest
- Awards & Honours
- Ph.D., Structural Engineering, Anna University, Chennai,
- M.Tech., Structural Engineering & Construction Management (Honours), Kerala University
- B.Tech., Civil Engineering, Calicut University
- Sr. Scientist, Steel Structures Research Facility, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, 1st January 2015 till date
- Scientist, Computational Structural Mechanics Group, Steel Structures Research Facility, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, 1st January 2010-31st December 2014
- Jr. Scientist, Vibration Control Group, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre , 8th August 2007 to 31st December 2009
- Teaching and Research Associate, Anna University, July 2001 to October 2015
- Lecturer in Kongu Engineering College, Perundurai, April 1999 to March 2001
- Apprentice in Greater Cochin Development Authority, January 1998 to May 1998
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Metal Structure behaviour
- Dynamic characteristics of structures
- Seismic Performance evaluation of steel and reinforced concrete structures
- Steel structures subjected to corrosion and elevated temperature
Awards & Honours
- Best Paper Award: For the paper titled “Experimental and Numerical Investigation on Dynamic Characteristics of Steel Space Frames” in Second National Conference on Recent Advances in Civil Engineering, Dec 3-6,2006,Kochi,India
- One of the team member adjudged with “NIGIS Corrosion Awareness Award” in the category of excellent laboratory award by NACE International Gateway India section for the year 2014.
- Dr.Jai Krishna Prize for the Paper titled “ Cinitha.A, Umesha .P.K, Nagesh R.Iyer, Lakshmanan.N,(2015), Performance-based Seismic Evaluation of RC Framed Building, Journal of Institution of Engineers (India):Series A, December, Vol. 96 (4),pp 285-294.
- Cinitha.A,V.Sampath, Behaviourof axially-restrained tubular compression members exposed to varying thermal loads, Journal of Constructional steel research 179(2021) 106525.
- Cinitha.A, V.Sampath, K.Kesavan, Strain monitoring of low carbon steel in a corrosive environment using fiber Bragg technology, Construction and Building Materials,217(2019) 265-272.
- Cinitha.A, Umesha.P.K, G.S.Palani and V.Sampath, Compression behaviour of steel Tubular members under simulated corrosion and elevated temperature, International Journal of steel Structures,18(1), PP139-152, 2018.
- Rama Raju.K., Cinitha.A, and Nagesh R.Iyer, Seismic performance evaluation of existing rc buildings designed as per past codes of practice, Sadhana academy proceedings in engineering sciences,2012, Vol.37,pp 281-297.
- Cinitha.A,.Umesha.P.K., and Nagesh R.Iyer, An overview of corrosion and experimental studies on corroded mild steel compression members, KSCE Journal of civil engineering,2014, Vol.18(6),pp 1735-1744.
Non-Sci Indexed journals
- Vikraman.R, Cinitha.A, Umesha.P.K, Numerical studies on corroded steel angle members, Journal of Structural Engineering, 2016, Vol.43, o.2,pp.197-205.
- Cinitha.A, Umesha .P.K, Nagesh R.Iyer, Lakshmanan.N, Performance-based Seismic Evaluation of RC Framed Building, Journal of Institution of Engineers (India):Series A, 2015, Vol. 96 (4),pp 285-294.
- D.Shanmugha Priya,Cinitha.A, P.K.Umesha and Nagesh R.Iyer,(2015), A critical review on enhancing the seismic response of buildings with energy dissipation methods, Journal of Structural Engineering,SERC,2015,Vol.42(3),pp 218-228.
- Sakthivel.M ,Vikraman Cinitha.A , Umesha.P.K , Pradeep Kumar, Numerical Study on Combined Effect of Uniform and Pitting Corrosion on Tubular Members, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology,2015, Vol.4 (6),pp 1854-1862.
- Sharon John, Umesh.P.K, Cinitha.A, M.G.Rajendran, Prediction of corrosion rates in structural steel using artificial neural networks, International journal for research in applied science and engineering, 2015, Vol.3(2),pp 131-138.
- Aprna Ben, Vikraman.R, Cinitha.A, Eapen Sakaria, Compressive strength of uniformly corroded steel angle members retrofitted with CFRP, International Journal of emerging technology and advanced engineering,2014, Vol.4(8),pp 463-478.
- Cinitha.A,P.K.Umesha,K.Kesavan and K,Ravisankar, Fiber Bragg Grating sensors to monitor corrosion of structural steel, Corrosion Combat, India, NACE Gateway India section, 2014,Vol.20(2),pp.41-51.
- Cinitha.A, Umesha .P.K and Nagesh R. Iyer, Evaluation of seismic performance and review on retrofitting strategies of existing RC buildings, Asian journal of applied science, 2014,Vol 7, No. 4, , pp.169-181.
- Cinitha.A., Umesha, P.K., Nagesh R. Iyer,’Numerical investigation on structural behaviour of steel beams under elevated temperature’, Journal of Structural Engineering, SERC,2013, Vol.39 (5), pp.529-537.
- Rama Raju.K., Cinitha.A., Kamatchi.P., Nagesh.R.Iyer and Lakshmanan.N., (2009), “Estimation of Enhanced Design Base Shear Requirement for Buildings Designed as per IS: 1893 -1966, 1984 by Seismic Coefficient Method”, Journal of Structural Engineering (SERC), 2009,Vol.36, No.4.
- Rama Raju.K., Cinitha,A., Kamatchi.P., and Nagesh R Iyer , “Estimation of Enhanced DesignBase Shear for Strengthening the Existing RC Buildings Designed As Per IS Codes Prior to IS: 1893 -2002 by Seismic Coefficient Method”, Journal of Institution of Engineers (India), Vol.90, August 2009.
- Cinitha.A., Samuel Knight,G.M., and Ramamurthi.V, “Evaluation of Fundamental Frequency of Steel Building Frames-An Experimental Modal Analysis” Journal of the Institution of Engineers,2008,Vol.88,pp18-22.
- Cinitha,A.,Muthumani,K., and Samuel Knight,G.M ,“Analytical and experimental investigation on Dynamic Characteristics of Steel Space frame”, Journal of Structural Engineering,2007,Vol.34,No.3 .pp.195-200.