Wind Engineering and Earthquake Engineering
• Wind Tunnel Studies on Special Structures and Interference Effects in Structural Clusters.
• Field measurement of wind loads and responses of lattice and tubular structures
• Seismic Damage control strategies for structures
• Wind tunnel Investigations on Structural Models under Normal and Extreme Wind Conditions
• Wind flow and load evaluation on buildings and structures
• Assessment of Methodologies for seismic Performance Evaluation of Structures
• Development of new structural schemes for better earthquake resistant performance
• Development and evaluation of vibration control devices and base isolators
• Characterisation of dynamic properties of materials
• Damage Modelling
• Development of robust pseudo-dynamic testing scheme as an alternative to shake table testing
• Development of new retrofit and rehabilitation schemes
Structural Health Monitoring & Evaluation and Forensic Analysis
• Development of methodology of remote health monitoring for civil engineering applications.
• Fibre optic sensors for health monitoring of civil engineering structures
• Remote health monitoring of structures using advanced communication technology
• Condition monitoring of structures using vibrating wire sensors, tilt and inclinometer systems
• Prototype testing and evaluation of structures and structural components
• Assessment of existing stress in concrete and pre-stressed concrete structures
• Residual stress measurement on metallic structures
Transmission Line Towers, Metal Structure Behavior & Fatigue and Fracture
• Development of minimum weight designs of power transmission line and microwave communication towers.
• Development of optimal designs of industrial structures including space grid roofs, employing hot rolled as well as cold formed and hollow steel sections.
• Development of load and resistance factor design (LRFD) method for steel industrial buildings.
• Analytical and experimental investigations on steel building frames and connections
• Risk Assessment of power transmission line towers under severe climatic conditions and ageing
• Investigations on hot rolled and Cold-Formed Steel Building Components
Computational Structural Mechanics for Analysis & Design, Modelling-Simulation & Software Development
• Studies on Precast Concrete Structural Systems under Seismic loading
• Performance Evaluation and Up gradation of Bridges
• Analysis of RC Structural Components based on Damage Mechanics Concepts
• Development of Advanced Finite Element Analysis Techniques for Higher Order Regimes
• Development of procedures for seismic performance evaluation of existing steel structures
• Vulnerability analysis of buildings and structures against earthquakes
• Mathematical Modelling for Repaired Concrete Structures
• Seismic Performance Evaluation of Buildings